Professional awards and accreditations give you and your business clout in the industry and distinguishes you from competitors. The Society of American Florists will honor the best and brightest during the Stars of the Industry Awards Dinner at SAF Orlando 2022, the association’s 137th annual convention, Sept. 6-8, in Orlando, Florida.
SAF is accepting applications for admission into the American Academy of Floriculture (AAF) and nominations for the following industry awards until May 2, 2022:
- Alex Laurie Award for Research and Education honors an individual who has made broad-scope, long-lasting contributions to research or education in the floriculture industry.
- American Academy of Floriculture (AAF) honors members who have committed time and energy to bettering both the floral industry and their local communities.
- Century Award celebrates any business or organization that has served the floral industry for 100 years or longer.
- Floriculture Hall of Fame, the industry’s highest honor, recognizes the highest standards of service and professional responsibility of members of the floral industry.
- Gold Medal Award honors the originator or introducer of a widely distributed plant or flower that has become established as an outstanding product of significant horticultural and commercial value.
- John H. Walker Award recognizes floral association executives for the role they play as leaders in the industry.
- Paul Ecke, Jr. Award recognizes an individual with exemplary devotion to profession, industry, and community.
Stephanie Brady is the project manager for the Society of American Florists.