St. Louis | Saturday, July 22, 2017
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
9801 Natural Bridge Rd
St. Louis, MO 63134
Room Rates and Reservations: The SAF rate is $109 single/double per night plus local tax. To reserve your room, please call the hotel at 314-429-1100 and mention SAF to get the room rate. The cut-off date for guaranteeing the SAF room rate is Friday, June 30.
Boston Marriott Peabody
8 A Centennial Drive
Peabody, MA 01960
Room Rates and Reservations: The SAF rate is $179 single/double per night plus local tax. To reserve your room, please call the hotel at 978-977-9700 and mention SAF to get the room rate. The cut-off date for guaranteeing the SAF room rate is Sept. 1.
Louisville | Saturday, November 4, 2017
Marriott Louisville Downtown
280 West Jefferson Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Room Rates and Reservations: The SAF rate is $159 single/double per night plus local tax. To reserve your room, please call the hotel at 800-266-9432 and mention SAF to get the room rate. The cut-off date for guaranteeing the SAF room rate is Oct. 15.
Past event schedule
Philadelphia | Saturday, March 25, 2017
7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
Registration, Breakfast & Supplier Showcase
9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Exceeding the Design Demands of Today’s Gift Givers
Speaker: Laura Daluga, AIFD, owner, Department of Floristry
Sponsored by: Smithers-Oasis
You’ll learn how to:
- Design and promote sustainable floral arrangements
- Embrace the DYO (design your own) movement as a financial win for your shop
- Interpret personal style to create truly unique floral art
- Attract millennials and other consumers through caused-based programs
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Treasure Hunt: Finding Your Hidden Profits
Speaker: Derrick Myers, CPA, CFP, PFCI, president of Crockett, Myers & Associates, Inc.
Even the most resourceful and bottom-line oriented retailers likely have a goldmine of unrealized profit— buried in their costs. Retail floral financial analyst Derrick Myers, CPA, CFP, PFCI, brings his famously entertaining and easy-to-digest presentation style to a topic that most retailers love to hate: cutting costs. Derrick walks attendees deep inside the six main cost centers of a flower shop for an eye-opening look at cost of goods sold, labor, delivery, occupancy, marketing and wire service business.
- How to understand — and use — formulas and worksheets to improve your profits
- Time-tested cost control techniques used by hundreds of profitable florists
- The most common — and detrimental — black holes of lost profits in every business
1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Build the Perfect Sales Script
Speaker: Tim Huckabee, AIFSE, president of FloralStrategies, LLC
In this highly interactive session, you’ll hear typical, old-fashioned sales tactics during live test calls and then work with Tim to rewrite the conversation into a new, more professional — but conversational — sales script. Finally, hear the kind of impact it will make when Tim calls other floral shops already using the new approach.
- Key elements of a successful encounter with a customer
- New techniques to give each facet of the conversation energy and a polished presentation
- How to create a natural-sounding script — and take it home so you can put it to work in your shop right away
3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
ABCs of Social Media Advertising
Speaker: Crystal Vilkaitis, owner, Crystal Media
Diligently posting to Facebook? Great! Here’s the bad news: If you don’t have a social media advertising plan, you could be reaching just 1 percent of your fans. Thanks to algorithm shifts on popular sites, having a presence on social media isn’t enough — business owners must now work harder and smarter to actually show up in customers’ feeds. Online marketing expert Crystal Vilkaitis explains how to connect with customers.
- Marketing techniques that will save you time and money, and get you seen
- Targeted strategies for the top sites, including Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- How to make paid advertising on social media pay off
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Philadelphia Supplier Showcase, Networking Breaks and Lunch
Take advantage of breaks throughout the day to visit growers, technology companies and supply manufacturers in the SAF Supplier Showcase and mix and mingle with fellow attendees.