Following a boot-scootin’ good time last month in Nashville, the Society of American Florists next takes its popular 1-Day Profit Blast program to Boston on Sunday, March 31 — where it educated, inspired and fired up a crowd two years ago.
David Gordon of Gordon Florist in Ipswich, Massachusetts attended the last Beantown Profit Blast. He described the experience as a day well spent.
“I gained valuable ideas, and immediately put some into practice,” Gordon said.
Fellow 2017 Profit Blast attendee Judy Pyszka of Chalifour’s Flowers, Manchester, New Hampshire echoed Gordon’s praise.
“This one day was packed with information and it touched on many areas that florists struggle with,” she said. “Each topic was presented by an expert in the field and really gave us the insight that we need to make positive changes in our business.”
The experts at the upcoming Profit Blast in Boston include:
- Jody McLeod, AIFD, CFD, NCCPF, owner of Annie V’s Floral Design Studio in Clayton, North Carolina, who will present, “Design Hacks and Smart Services to Delight Consumers,” sponsored by Syndicate Sales
- Derrick Myers, CPA, CFP, PFCI, president of Crockett, Myers & Associates, Inc. who will present, “Lost in Space: Where Are Your Profits?”
- Sam Bowles, a director of FloralStrategies, who will present, “Extraordinary Service in Your Shop Every Day,” sponsored by FloristWare, and
- Social selling expert Crystal Vilkaitis, owner of the Social Edge, who will present, “Six Steps to a Profitable Social Media Strategy.”
- Plus, breakfast with lunch sponsored by Hortica, and a Supplier Showcase.
Jacobson, the largest floral hard goods supplier in New England, is the event sponsor.
“Connecting our customers to educational tools for their professional development and allowing for networking opportunities strengthens our customers as business owners and designers,”said Laura Jacobs, Jacobson’s human resources specialist. “We’re proud to be in a position to offer these tools for success, especially in an engaging atmosphere like Profit Blast.”
Profit Blast offers “quality content with tangible advice and tips to make a business of any size stronger,” added Jacobs. “The presenters are dynamic, engaging and accessible, their presentations are interactive, and participants gain real business development and design strategies that they can implement right away. Plus, it’s a fun day.”
Register for the SAF 1-Day Profit Blast before March 8, and save with early-bird pricing. SAF members are just $139 (non-members $189). Bring your coworkers and save, with $99 tickets for each team member you register. Tickets include breakfast, lunch, educational speakers and a supplier showcase.
Anne Holub is a contributing writer for the Society of American Florists.