Keep the smiles, hugs and good feelings going and get the most out of your Petal It Forward event with these important — and fast!— follow-up activities:
- Write thank-you notes and emails. Thank everyone who participated in your event — employees, volunteers, growers, wholesalers, suppliers, and partnering businesses and organizations – as well as reporters who covered the story.
- Engage with consumers who tag your shop’s social media handles in their Petal It Forward posts. Comment back and include #petalitforward.
- If you garner media coverage, share it on social media to magnify its reach. Include #petalitforward on your social media posts.
- If reporters didn’t come to your event, email photos and a description of your Petal It Forward event to the local media (members can customize the sample press release). Doing so could prompt after-the-fact publicity.
- Debrief with your team. What worked well? What could be improved? Your staff will likely have input. Their feedback and your notes could pave the way for an even more successful Petal It Forward in the future.
- Tell us about your Petal It Forward experience. Please email us what you consider to be your BEST 3-5 PHOTOS (candid, not posed, please) and any fun or poignant stories/anecdotes from your event. The sooner you can get those to us the better, and they should be sent to email@example.com.
- If you get great video from your Petal It Forward event, consider entering the American Floral Endowment’s 2nd Annual Flower Love Video Contest. The grand prize is $4,000.