What You Need to Know about SAF Webinars and WebBlasts
What exactly is a Webinar/WebBlast?
- Webinars are online, interactive meetings that you can participate in from any computer with high-speed Internet access.
Do I need to be at my computer to watch it?
- Yes, you do need to be a computer to watch it. Any computer will do – a laptop, desktop computer or tablet.
How does the webinar work?
- After you register, we email you a link. You log into the webinar (a few minutes before its scheduled time) using that link. From there, simply follow the prompts to download and save the software, and the rest is automatic. Just sit back and watch.
- You can listen to the conversation via your speakers or use a phone to call in using the phone number provided to you in the email invitation.
How can I ask questions during the webinar?
- Two ways to ask questions:
- Click on the “Questions” box on the webinar platform that opens up. It’s just a like sending a text message to the speakers.
- Call the phone number on the screen and talk directly to the moderators.
How do I sign up?
- You sign up for the webinar online; safnow.org/webinars (look for ‘Register Now’ link)
How do I know I am signed up?
- You will receive an email confirmation containing the link for you to log into the Webinar, along with the time and phone number to call into the webinar.
How do I know what time the webinar is held?
- SAF Webinars are usually held at 1 p.m. or 2 p.m. Eastern. To participate, you must log on at that time in your respective time zone.
Do I have to participate right when the webinar happens?
- YES – to fully participate, you must log on during the webinar time period in your time zone.
Can my staff watch it with me?
- Your staff can watch it only if they are around the computer where you are watching the live webinar.
- Anyone on your staff can watch the recording after the webinar is completed.
What if I miss it? Do I still get to watch it?
- YES — If you miss a Webinar, you will be emailed a link to watch the recording in the days after the webinar. That recording will be available for 30 days after the webinar is completed.