The Delaware Valley Floral Group (DVFG) has announced the addition of two new outside directors to its Board. Both individuals were selected by a Nominating Committee consisting of Directors and Shareholders. The Shareholders elected the new Directors based on their unique perspective and diverse backgrounds that align with DVFG’s core values and future growth objectives.
Christine Jacobs comes with experience and strength in leading large organizations to superior performance through process improvements and efficient operations. She specialized in aligning people and processes towards a company’s goals. Chris served as Senior VP of Operations for NRG Energy, President of Exelon’s Power division, Head of Supply Operations at PECO, and VP of Operations for North and South America at Rhone Poulenc Rorer. Chris will chair DVFG’s Board “Finance, Audit and Operations Committee”.
The Shareholders also elected Ron Carkoski, President & CEO of Four Seasons Produce, a full-service wholesaler supplying Organic, Local and Conventional fresh produce to Organic Markets, Food Co-Ops, Independent Retailers, Chain Stores, Juice Bars and other produce buyers in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast as well as exporting to Bermuda. Ron brings experience in the dynamic process of building corporate cultures, business model development and IT systems platforms. Ron will chair DVFG’s Board “Human Resources, Talent Management and Compensation Committee”.
Board Members Continuing in Office:
• David E. Griffith – Executive Director of Episcopal Community Services and Chairman of The Modern Group. Dave serves as DVFG’s Chairman of the Board, and chairs DVFG’s Board “Strategy and Governance Committee”.
• Philip A. Clemens – Recently retired CEO and President of The Clemens Family Group. (Hatfield Quality Meats and other companies)
• John J. Chidester – DVFG President and CEO
• Robert M. Wilkins – Director and Shareholder
• John R. Wilkins – Director and Shareholder