The Internet has leveled the playing field for small businesses, but getting in the game requires navigating around an 800-pound gorilla named Google. The good news: it’s a nice gorilla. Get to know it, and it’ll happily show you the way.
Google’s Loren Hudziak (featured in Floral Management’s June cover story) and Ben Polk are bringing inside perspective and practical tips to attendees at SAF Amelia Island 2015.
Industry members can get firsthand insight from Google execs at SAF Amelia Island 2015. The 131st Annual Convention takes place Sept. 9-12 in Amelia Island, Florida.
During the educational session Demystifying Google, solutions architect Loren Hudziak explains how local search and local businesses are deeply tied to the company’s underlying goal — to become the “data fabric” woven into our digital lives.
SAF Chief Information Officer Renato Sogueco interviewed Hudziak for the cover story in the June issue of Floral Management magazine. At the convention, attendees will hear Hudziak’s perspective on:
- Where Google is heading and why it matters to floral businesses;
- How mobile technology is changing everything from workflow to consumer behavior and how to stay ahead of the trend; and
- How Google tools can help small local businesses get an edge over larger competitors.
During the session All About AdWords and Analytics, Google exec Ben Polk joins Hudziak for a discussion, moderated by Sogueco, about two of Google’s powerful e-commerce tools:
- Adwords Express, which helps business owners quickly launch and manage local pay per click, paid advertising campaigns; and
- Analytics, which reveals information about a website and visitor purchasing habits.
Using Karin’s Florist in Vienna, Virginia, as a case study, Hudziak and Polk will outline how to use Google tools to make a big online impact quickly without spending a lot of money. Takeaways include keyword strategy tips; best practices for an online marketing “battle plan,” and free tools to track what consumers are doing on your website.
Both educational sessions are sponsored by FTD.
For details about the 37 educational sessions and events at SAF Amelia Island 2015, visit safnow.org/annual-convention. Register by Aug. 7, and save $125.