SAF members have elected nine members to positions on its Retailers, Wholesalers and Growers Councils. New council members begin their terms at the close of SAF Amelia Island 2015, SAF’s 131st Annual Convention, Sept. 9-12 in Amelia Island, Florida. Results of the SAF board elections, which take place during the annual convention and via absentee ballot, will be announced on Sept. 12 at the association’s Annual Business Meeting during SAF Amelia Island 2015.
The newly-elected SAF Council members are as follows:
Radebaugh Florist & Greenhouses
Ballard Blossom Inc.
Design Master color tool, Inc.
Huntersville, North Carolina
Kitayama Brothers Inc.
Resendiz Brothers Protea Growers LLC
The council members listed below are continuing their terms.
- Chair: Charles Ingrum of Dr. Delphinium Designs & Events in Dallas
- Robert Aykens, AAF, of Memorial Florists & Greenhouses, Inc., in Appleton, Wisconsin
- Vince Butera, AAF, AIFD, PFCI, of Butera The Florist in York, Pennsylvania
- Bridget Carlson, AAF, of Ashland Addison Florist Company in Chicago
- Jessica Cosentino, AAF, of Cosentino’s Florist in Auburn, New York
- Dana Cook, AAF, of Julia’s Florist in Wilmington, North Carolina
- Cheryl Denham of Arizona Family Florist in Phoenix, Arizona
- Chad Freytag of Freytag’s Florist in Austin, Texas
- Kristen Gainan-Graves of Gainan’s Floral & Greenhouses in Billings, Montana
- Tim Galea of Norton’s Flowers & Gifts in Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Manny Gonzales of Tiger Lily Florist in Charleston, South Carolina
- Skip Paal, AAF, of the Rutland Beard Floral Group in Catonsville, Maryland
- Brian Wheat, AAF, PFCI, of Lafayette Florist, Gift Shop & Garden Center in Lafayette, Colorado
- Chair: Paul Fowle of Transflora/DV Flora in Doral, Florida
- Bradley Beck, AAF, of Design Master color tool, Inc. in Boulder, Colorado
- Nick Fronduto of Jacobson Floral Supply, Inc., in Boston
- David Gaul, AAF, of DWF Wholesale Florist in Denver
- Gustavo Gilchrist of Kennicott Brothers – Chicago in Chicago
- Bob Hamacher of Roses & More, Inc., in Spokane Valley, Washington
- Bill LaFever, PFCI, of the Bill Doran Company in Rockford, Illinois
- Dave Legge of DWF Wholesale Florist in Denver
- Robert Otsuka of the San Francisco Flower Mart in San Francisco
- Ben Powell of Mayesh Wholesale Florist in Doral, Florida
- Laura D. Shinall of Syndicate Sales, Inc., in Charleston, South Carolina
- Jacque Sir Louis of Smithers-Oasis – North American Operations in Kent, Ohio
- Gayle Smith of Chrysal USA in Portland, Oregon
- Ken Wilkins of Delaware Valley Floral Group in Sewell, New Jersey
- Chair: Ben Dobbe of Holland America Flowers, LLC in Arroyo Grande, California
- Andrew Bishop, Ph.D., of Green Leaf Plants (Aris Horticulture, Inc.) in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Patrick Busch of Len Busch Roses in Plymouth, Minnesota
- Doug Cole of D.S. Cole Growers, Inc., in Loudon, New Hampshire
- Ray Greenstreet of Greenstreet Growers in Tracys Landing, Maryland
- Stephen Kennicott of Kennicott Kuts, LLC, in Waterford, Wisconsin
- Michael Klopmeyer of Darwin Perennials in West Chicago, Illinois
- Janet Louie of Green Valley Floral in Salinas, California
- Jeff Mast of Banner Greenhouses in Nebo, North Carolina
- Michael Mooney of Dramm & Echter in Encinitas, California
- Steve Register of Flores Ixtapan S de RL de CV, Tenango-Ixtapan de la Sal, in Villa Guerrero, Mexico
- Dave Self of Wyld West Annuals, Inc., in Loxahatchee, Florida
- Carlos Manuel Uribe, AAF, of Flores El Capiro S.A., in Medellin, Colombia S.A.