In conjunction with the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD) National Symposium, PFCI presents seminars of interest to up-and-coming speakers and PFCI members.
Speaking Skills Workshop: Polish & Shine
July 3, 2023
7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
In conjunction with the 2023 AIFD National Symposium, “Grow”
720 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605
PFCI Trustees: Marlin Hargrove, AAF, AIFD, PFCI, Adam Havrilla, AAF, AIFD, CFD, ICPF, PFCI, Michelle Headrick, AIFD, CFD, FDI, PFCI, Laurie Lemek, AIFD, CFD, PFCI, Christopher Norwood, AAF, AIFD, CFD, PFCI and Lynne Tischler, AAF, CPFD, PFCI
Time to expand your horizons and grow new possibilities by polishing up your speaking skills. PFCI (Professional Floral Communicators – International) can open new windows to you that you maybe never knew existed – Educator, Commentator, Promotor, Lecturer, Celebrant. Join us in this interactive roundtable workshop to get specific tips and tricks, practice amongst your peers and get one-on-one feedback on improving your speaking skills so you can SHINE!
To register, send your completed entry form to email@example.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Handouts from past PFCI Programs
- Bridal Sense, Scents & Cents: Make more money selling wedding flowers.
- Creating Brand You: This program covers: Marketing & Business, Economy & Profitability, Time Management, and Image & Brand.
- Creating Your Style: Speak with confidence and captivate audiences with your own personal speaking style!
- Keys to Communication: Discover the technical keys of communication used by professional presenters.
- Knock their Socks Off — In Person and on Camera!: Discover the dos and don’ts to deliver awe-inspiring presentations.
- Professional Lifesaving Lessons: PFCI covers enhancing the professional image, rejuvenating the shop environment and becoming a positive leader.
- Rise & Shine 2015: 50 Years of Talking!: To celebrate our 50th anniversary in 2015, we gathered a panel of some of our brightest stars — from our favorite mentors who inspired us to grow to the new voices of today — to dish their secrets for overcoming stage jitters, winning the audience and much more.
- Rise & Shine in the OC: Open & Communicate!: Grab a seat at one of the round tables and join a discussion on a stimulating topic from inspiration for crafting your programs and exciting topics for garden clubs to becoming the star of your own program and ways to engage your audience.
- Secrets of Savvy Communicators: Find out how to secure positive media coverage and answer the tough questions.
- Speaking the Language of Sales & Service: Find out what your customers want, how your customers think and how to handle customer interactions correctly.
- Thinking On Your Feet: Organize and deliver your thoughts with confidence, effectively use demonstrations to “spice up” your speaking, project a knowledgeable, self-assured image, better manage those nervous butterflies and deliver messages with impact.
- Verbal, Visual, Vocal: The seminar will refresh your knowledge, energy and enthusiasm for floral presentations.
- You’re On In 3, 2, 1 …: Practice makes perfect. And having that practice tweaked by the pros makes perfection easier to attain. During this presentation consultation, seize the stage and get immediate, expert feedback from PFCI.
- You’re On In 3, 2, 1, … Episode 2 The Elevator Speech: Elevator. Boardroom. Social Event. Where are you going to make your next sales pitch? What would you say if you only had 5 to 60 seconds to make a valuable impression?
- You’re On in 3, YouTube, 1: Learning to communicate via YouTube is becoming a prerequisite for local florists who want to reach a broad base of customers and position themselves as experts in the industry.
- You’re On In 3, 2, 1 … Media Savvy: Be a media darling! Have you ever wondered how to land a TV interview and be the flower expert on the local news showing floral designs and talking about your shop? Learn how to become a news source and tips for displaying your products on the media table.