World-Class Business Training | Powerful Connections | Creative Inspiration
SAF conventions are known for top-notch education that explores topics that matter most to your business.
Here’s a look at just a few of the educational sessions you can’t afford to miss at SAF Amelia Island 2019!
MAIN STAGE KEYNOTES
- State of the Floral Industry – and SAF. SAF CEO Kate Penn explores the challenges and opportunities in the industry and unveils SAF’s new vision for the future.
- 2020 Floral Trends Forecast Preview. Experience the reveal event of the year. Derek C. Woodruff, AIFD, CFD, CF, PFCI, and Helen Miller, AIFD, PFCI, present the industry’s leading forecast of flower trends and floral styles for events and weddings.
- Forecasting Amidst Expansion, Trade Wars and a Looming Downturn. Floral industry economic analyst Charlie Hall, Ph.D., points out factors driving consumer purchases and recommends ways floral businesses can prepare for the next recession.
- The Experience Revolution. Find out from a leading retail expert what’s in store for e-commerce and the steps you need to take to stay ahead of consumer expectations.
- How I Did It. During SAF’s version of TED Talks, industry members share their very own personal and inspiring stories.
- High-Volume Fulfillment. Filling a high volume of incoming orders – at a profit — isn’t just for large florists. The team at Rutland Beard Floral Group pulls back the curtain on their process and explains how it can work for shops of all sizes.
- New Revenue Streams. A panel of entrepreneurial florists share strategies for pumping up cash flow and profits with new products and services.
- Experiential Retailing. Experiential shopping is all the rage. Learn how to draw consumers to your shop for a meaningful and personal shopping experience.
- Be the Business Worth Buying. In this guide to succession planning, get a blueprint on how to get your financial affairs in order, with specific examples that boost your business’s value to buyers (and their lenders).
- Managing Your Team. In targeted sessions, HR experts and industry panelists share the latest trends and practices in onboarding, company culture and employee relations.
PROFITABLE DESIGN & TRENDS
- Advanced Design Techniques. Speed dating meets design education. You have one hour to rotate through six stations, where an experienced designer demonstrates an advanced technique.
- What Consumers REALLY Want. A new study explores shoppers’ eye view of floral arrangements, tests their assessment of individual design principles and various combinations of them, and investigates their emotional responses to products.
- Translating Trends into Everyday Designs. Incorporating the latest trends to enhance your daily work might be easier than you think.
- The Price is Right: Or is It? Following a lively discussion, Bob Barker (aka floral financial expert Derrick Myers) will offer best practices to land on a price that protects your profit margin without turning off prospective customers.
- Online Shopping Through Your Customers’ Eyes. A panel of industry members reveals the updates you need to make to your website today to drive traffic and conversions.
- Social Savvy: Instagram Tips to Build Your Brand, Increase Engagement and Generate Sales. A millennial florist sheds light on what’s new at Instagram right now, and how you can use the site to generate sales, not just likes.
- Boosting Social Media ROI. In this fast-paced session, florists who’ve grown their businesses through social sites share their knowledge — what works, what doesn’t and how to manage your time.
- Protect Your Brand with Proactive Customer Service. A leading industry customer service coach delivers best practices and easy-to-implement tips on how to master online reviews.
- Experience Zones. In between educational sessions, soak in these mini-demos — Photo Editing Made Simple and Quick Tips for Better Videos.
PEER-TO-PEER ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSIONS
NEW! Participate in the Next Level Idea Exchange and swap strategies with your peers on how to put new concepts into practice and take ideas from SAF Amelia Island 2019 to the next level.
- Outstanding Varieties Competition. Growers and breeders displaying more than 300 varieties of flowers and unique plants to vie for the top prize in one of the industry’s biggest flower and plant competitions.
- Supplier Expo. Browse through dozens of new products and services, and get to know the vendors who can answer your questions and point you toward profitable opportunities for your business.
- New Products Showcase. Enjoy this fast-paced show-and-tell of the newest floral supplies, gift accessories, fresh product led by the industry’s top floral educators, the Professional Floral Communicators-International.
- Sylvia Cup Design Competition. Watch as some of the nation’s best floral designers are given the same flowers, foliage and supplies — and just two hours to create the surprise challenge.