|Street||3624 N Leverman st|
Portland Flower Market Operations Manager
At the Portland Flower Market, we owe our success to the efficiency of our organizational processes. To help maintain and grow this standard, we are seeking an experienced operations manager to oversee daily activities. As an ideal candidate, you’ll have a sharp business mind and proven success managing multiple tasks toward maximum productivity. You’ll be highly skilled in human resources, finance, and IT management. Additionally, you will display a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within your team, our growers, and customers.
Primary Job Functions;
• Lead a team, including hiring, scheduling, assigning work, training, performance evaluations.
• Maintain records, accounts payable and receivable, statements, tenant leases, issuing buyers passes, grower payments, and inventory.
• Serve as liaison for tenants and Market board of directors. Schedule Market meetings and keeping meeting minutes.
• Post and maintain Facebook, Instagram, and company website.
• Supervise vendor and contract services for building maintenance and repairs, building cleaning, and landscaping.
• Cultivate and recruit new growers, maintain lease documents,
• Manage improvement projects for OFGA
Skills and Qualifications
• 2+ years’ proven experience in an operations management position.
• Horticultural or related experience in greenhouse management.
• Strong budget development and oversight skills
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Trained in conflict management and business negotiation processes and have excellent communication skills.
• General experience and interest in flowers and plants.
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to professional, ethical standards in a diverse workplace.
• Strong IT skills, including database development and maintenance. Working knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), QuickBooks, and Access.
• Esperance in financial accounting and reporting
• Previous experience working in a horticulture field.
• This position requires the ability to perform physical tasks, including but not limited to lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing, and reaching. Limited heavy lifting up to 50lbs occasionally during work time.
• Continuous mental and visual attention; the work requires constant alertness to monitor warehouse processes. The work environment is in a warehouse setting that can often be cold and exposed to dust, dirt, and noise.