Type “flowers” or “florist” into your browser’s search bar and millions of pages return results. How do you get your website to stand out?
Renato Cruz Sogueco, AAF, PFCI, is adamant that good search engine optimization (SEO) is the way for smart florists to make their sites stand out with a big return on investment for your time and effort. Sogueco, Bloomnet’s vice president of digital strategy and education, will talk SEO during his presentation “Digital Strategies that Drive Everyday Business,” at the Society of American Florists’ 1-Day Profit Blast sponsored by Flower Shop Network and Baisch & Skinner on July 21 in Kansas City.
“You have to know the questions the consumer is asking in and around flowers,” Sogueco said. “There are couple of useful websites we’ll share during the session that reveal the most search terms and questions in around ‘flowers’ or ‘florist.’ You then can include many of these terms within you website so your website comes up higher in searches.”
Sogueco, whose session is sponsored by Floriology powered by BloomNet, will walk attendees through what it means to improve your website’s search engine rankings and also what consumers are thinking as they search for a florist.
SAF 1-Day’s Profit Blast in Kansas City lineup also includes:
- “Wedding Designs, Tricks and Tools You’ll Love” sponsored by Smithers-Oasis and demonstrated by Loann Burke, AAF, AIFD, CFD, PFCI, of Furst Florist and Greenhouses
- “Eventology: The Science of Profitable Events,” presented by Derrick Myers, CPA, CFP, PFCI, of Crockett, Myers & Associates Inc.
- “Extraordinary Service in Your Shop Every Day,” sponsored by FloristWare, and presented by Sam Bowles of FloralStrategies
- An SAF supplier Showcase with vendors of fresh product, hardgoods and technology,
- And continental breakfast and refreshments, and lunch sponsored by Hortica.
Adding to the educational opportunities available, participants can sign up for a unique “Hands-On Workshop: Bouquets & Bouts.” During this additional workshop, sponsored by Smitehrs-Oasis and led by Loann Burke, attendees will construct a loose hand-tied bouquet and hoop arrangement, and peel-and-stick boutonniere. Space is limited to 24 participants for Hands-On Workshop, and there is an additional fee to participate. Early registration is encouraged.
SAF’s 1-Day Profit Blast in Kansas City is $139 for SAF members who sign up by the July 12 early bird registration deadline; each additional registrant from the same company is $99.
The cut-off date for guaranteeing the SAF room rate at the 1-Day Profit Blast hotel in Kansas City is June 27.
For details and to register, go to safnow.org/1-day-profit-blast.
Anne Holub is a contributing writer for the Society of American Florists.