What makes a good business a great business? A loyal, happy customer base. Your success can come down to making that key demographic — your repeat customers— ready and willing to sing your praises.
“In fact, it’s the very foundational understanding that a business must deliver value in order to transform the good to the great,” writes R. L. Adams at Entrepreneur. “And it all starts by having the consumer’s best interest at heart.”
Sponsored by Flower Shop Network and Baisch & Skinner, the Society of American Florists’ 1-Day Profit Blast in Kansas City features Sam Bowles, FSC, of FloralStrategies who will deliver “Extraordinary Service in Your Shop Every Day,” a presentation sponsored by FloristWare.
Bowles will recommend ways you and your team can engage and nurture customers, and how to prompt them to post rave reviews online. Additionally, he’ll share anecdotes from his ongoing work as manager at one of the country’s top flower shops.
SAF 1-Day’s Profit Blast in Kansas City also includes:
- Wedding Designs, Tricks and Tools You’ll Love”sponsored by Smithers-Oasis and demonstrated by Loann Burke, AAF, AIFD, CFD, PFCI, of Furst Florist and Greenhouses
- Derrick Myers, CPA, CFP, PFCI, president of Crockett, Myers & Associates, Inc. presenting, “Eventology: The Science of Profitable Events“
- “Digital Strategies that Drive Everyday Business,”sponsored by Floriology powered by BloomNet, and presented by Renato Cruz Sogueco, AAF, PFCI
- An SAF Supplier Showcase with vendors of fresh product, hard goods and technology
- Continental breakfast and refreshments, and lunch sponsored by Hortica
In addition, participants can sign up for an extra “Hands-On Workshop: Bouquets & Bouts.” During this additional workshop, sponsored by Smithers-Oasis and led by Burke, attendees will construct a loose hand-tied bouquet and hoop arrangement, and peel-and-stick boutonniere. Space is limited to 24 participants for Hands-On Workshop, and there is an additional fee to participate.
Register online now and save with early-bird pricing for SAF members $139 (and $189 for non-members) if you sign up before July 12. Each additional registrant from the same company is $99.
For details and to register, go to safnow.org/1-day-profit-blast.
Anne Holub is a contributing writer for the Society of American Florists.