Room Rates and Reservations: The SAF rate is $224 single/double. To reserve a room, please call the hotel at 800-241-3333 and mention SAF Annual Convention to get the group rate.
The cut-off date for guaranteeing the SAF room rate is Sept. 1, 2016. SAF anticipates a sold out convention so be sure to make your reservations early!
The hotel is about an hour drive from Kahului Airport (OGG is the airport code). Taxi service, private transportation and shared airport shuttle service are available from the airport to the hotel. Contact the hotel’s concierge, 808-669-6200. An Enterprise car rental desk is on site at the hotel and can be reached at 808-669-1901 ext 7577.
September temperatures in Kapalua, Maui, range from an average low of 72° F to an average high 86°F.
“Hawaiian Casual” is the look for daytime activities — Aloha shirts, shorts, skirts and light dresses and muumuus.
“Hawaiian Cocktail Attire” is what to wear to the AFE Dinner and the Stars of the Industry Awards Reception and Dinner — Aloha shirts, light slacks, cocktail dresses and formal muumuus are perfectly acceptable.
Hula skirts optional to all convention events.
Society of American Florists Annual Convention Program
More than 20 educational programs covering attracting, training and keeping talent, increasing sales, protecting your online brand, understanding how to better use technology and much, much more!
- Floral Trends 2017 Preview
- State of the Industry by SAF CEO Peter Moran
- Premier Products Showcase
- AdWords: Intermediate and Advanced
- Locking in Large Accounts
- Structuring an Employee Incentive Plan
- Pricing Strategies
- What’s your Exit Strategy?
- Event Work Finances — Making Events Profitable
- Streamlining Your Shop in the Cloud
- Selling Strategies to Boost Average Order
- Tropical Fusion: Profitable ways to work tropicals into design
- Outstanding Varieties Competition
- Sylvia Cup Design Competition
- Floral Management Marketer of the Year